Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Ask for spam...
From: "Louis Wang" <bill.louis () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 08:38:57 +0800

May most of these emails are newsletters, not spam, huh?
Does anyone could give me some spam archive, or spam to
clt () wang-labs com,  thanks.

--
homepage:http://www.wang-labs.com

2006/10/17, Michael Holstein <michael.holstein () csuohio edu>:
Here's what I did when researching the same thing ...

Google "free stuff". Find a page with "thousands of free offers". Fill
one out and check *every* box. Reply to whatever "confirm" emails come in.

I did a few of those "thousand freebie" things to various bogus email
addresses in a fake subdomain and was getting thousands per day (and it
wasn't long until the DHA attacks started on that newly created
subdomain either -- configure your first-touch MTA to blindly accept
anything as valid if you're curious, just be careful not to relay it).

The nice thing about doing the subdomain trick is you can just delete
the subdomain when you're done and not waste your bandwidth (and disk
space) dealing with "test" SPAM.

Cheers,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University