Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Joe Job - to blue pill
From: William Knowles <wk () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:36:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 Joseph McCray <joe () learnsecurityonline com> wrote:

Sup bluepill - yeah I bought the list (I thought was supposed to be
a "double opt-in of people interested in computer/network security)
and it spammed half the security planet. My bad. I'll probably see
my IP on tons of mailserver blacklists by the end of the day today.
So the damage is done.

Care to share the name and contact information for the company
you bought this "double opt-in" list from? I know I didn't opt into
this list, and I know for a FACT the e-mail addresses for managing
InfoSec News didn't opt-in either.

One time mailings with companies I have no previous business
relationships I can almost forgive, subscribing me to mailing
lists without my permission, I can't.

William Knowles
wk () c4i org

--
Joe McCray
Toll Free: 1-866-892-2132

"Communications without intelligence is noise;  Intelligence
without communications is irrelevant." Gen Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
C4I.org - Computer Security, & Intelligence - http://www.c4i.org