Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Signature for new bot?
From: "Line Noise" <300baud () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 09:31:58 -0700

I recognize that there has been an upswing in spam, and that a large
part of this is botnets. I have also heard of a few people seeing
entries such as the following in their logs.

  POST http://mtrap.freenet.de:25 HTTP/1.0 with response code(s) 200

Is this familiar? I don't (yet) know of a tool that might cause this
particular entry (although my search has not yet been exhaustive). I'd
be interested in details, if others have seen this. Please, just reply
here. Unless there are very compelling reasons not to, I will reply on
Full Disclosure even if your email is private.

--
It's Full Disclosure.
Post the disclosure here, not on your website.