Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: You shady bastards.
From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 08:13:44 -0400

On 6/8/07, Kradorex Xeron <admin () digibase ca> wrote:
On Friday 08 June 2007 07:12, Thierry Zoller wrote:
Dear List,

I know we have a "World Police" but luckily we have no World laws, how
about some of you stick to things your supposed to be able to do,
security, coding whatever and leave law to those that practise it ?

I have yet to see a lawyer good at sec, it depends on
- legislation the company resides in
- the contract
- the form of the message

In luxembourg for instance mails labeled as PRIVATE or CONFIDENTIAL
are not allowed to be viewed by the company, ALSO as email. Write it
in the subject line.

To risk breaking my keeping off legal grounds (note: IANAL)

With your logic, someone could bring in their home computer, hook it into the
network, upload their private files to the server and name a
directory "CONFIDENTIAL" and shove their personal home files in it and nobody
is allowed to see what's in it to determine if it's supposed to be there or
not because it's named "CONFIDENTIAL", thus the person gets free space on the
COMPANY server to do whatever they please, even after they leave the company.

How did you make the jump from postal/email to File Servers?

thats a mightly big leap

-JP<who hopes you arent a lawyer ;-)>