Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: n3td3v says second internet exists
From: Kradorex Xeron <admin () digibase ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 21:24:33 -0400

Okay, I have a few points I would like to make (assuming if this is true,
which I doubt as it is technologically possible to properly implement):

1. The Internet is not owned or run by a single government therefore This is
impossible to implement successfully and properly.The Internet as we know it
cannot be controlled by a single government. The Internet as we know it is a
de-centralized entity, with no "central network" that controls it all.

2. This current Internet (aka The former ARPAnet) has something We like to
call "Redundancy" and Since the Internet (ARPAnet) is de-centralized, there
is no real method of "attacking the Internet", you can only attack nodes of
the internet, as you take down one link, another comes up to service, take
down that link, and yet another comes about. The Internet is more complex
than having bunch of home routers linked with single links peered between
each other.

3. "Switching people over" and "With new protocols" - hm.. What could go wrong
here... people's computers failing to being able to communicate with
this "new Internet" because of incompatible protocols as well as operating
systems... as well as what would be done to prevent 'crap' from the "old
internet" from "leaking over"?

I suggest stop doning a tin foil hat every time people "think of a plan",
Especially those without a clue (i.e. cororate execs and government)

My appologies to the list for increasing the noise end of the SNR of the list.