mailing list archives
blackhat talk pulled inexplicably (at the risk of violating MONBACOPL)
From: bambam <bambam.quiescence () googlemail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:50:16 +0100
So by now you've almost certainly read:
MY HYPOTHESIS on what has happened is that:
1) The technology is very flawed
2) The patch requires hardware to be re-issued, which causes all kinds
of law-suits, broken contracts and SLAs, basically it's a legal
3) The reason for the inexplicable pull out is a heavy legal threat
aimed directly at the presenter/research/their company.
4) Other people have broken this and are already pwning crypto
technology based on it
But I have *no* evidence at all. Anyone got any more information so we
can piece this together?
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- blackhat talk pulled inexplicably (at the risk of violating MONBACOPL) bambam (Jun 29)