Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Is OWASP vulnerable ??
From: Andrew Farmer <andfarm () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:03:13 -0800

On 10 Mar 07, at 09:23, Scarlet Pimpernel wrote:
Hello all,

There is an undefined function in OWASP website's javascript code
(wikibits.js)
called wgBreakFrames. This can cause potential damage to the site
if used maliciously.

if (wgBreakFrames) {

First of all, that's a variable, not a function. Creating a function
called "wgBreakFrames" wouldn't execute the function.

Second of all, I'm not really sure how that could be "used
maliciously". If you're able to inject Javascript into the window
context, you can already do whatever you like to the user's browser.
So I'm not quite sure how this is supposed to "cause potential damage
to the site".