mailing list archives
Announcement : CCWAPSS methodology release 1.1
From: Frederic Charpentier <fcharpen () xmcopartners com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 21:42:15 +0100
I'm pleased to announce the release of the latest version of the
Common Criteria Web Application Security Scoring : CCWAPSS v1.1.
This update clarifies the rating process when rating multiple flaws
associated to the same criteria.
CCWAPSS is a comprehensive security scoring methodolody dedicated to
web application pentests.
This scale aims at sharing a common, open and documented evaluation
methodology between security auditors and final customers.
Key benefits of CCWAPSS
- Offering a solution to interpretation problems between different
auditors by providing clear and 11 well documented criteria.
- Fighting against the « gaussienne » inclination using a restricted
granularity that forces the auditor to clear-cut score (there is no
- The maximum score (10/10) means “compliant with Best Practices”.
This score could be exceeded in case of excellence (like a medical
vision evaluation such as 12/10).
- Each criteria is relative to section of the OWASP Guide 3.0.
The CCWAPSS v1.1 whitepaper is available in PDF format at http://ccwapss.blogspot.com/
Comments and suggestions are always welcome.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Announcement : CCWAPSS methodology release 1.1 Frederic Charpentier (Nov 07)