Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Exploit Brokering
From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 20:25:49 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Simon,

: SNOsoft has been legitimately and legally brokering exploits since early
: 2000, and we're still doing it very successfully. As a matter of policy
: we will not ever purchase items from careless developers, and will not
: sell to careless buyers or non US based buyers... With exploit brokering
: comes great responsibility and liability.
:
: People posting emails in public forums in an attempt to sell exploits is
: not only careless and irresponsible, but is also a testament to that
: persons immaturity and lack of experience. Do they ever stop to think
: about the potential liability? What happens if they sell to a hostile
: foreign party, what could happen to them, etc...?

Can you describe SNOsoft's process for validating buyers and assuring
they are "US based"? Is there any process to ensure that even though they
are "US based" they do not have any ill intention toward their country?
Just because someone has a US ID doesn't mean they were born here or not
working for a foreign party.

jericho