Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RIPA powers being used
From: "Morning Wood" <se_cur_ity () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:51:41 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Rankin" <kz20fl () googlemail com>
To: <full-disclosure () lists grok org uk>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:46 AM
Subject: [Full-disclosure] RIPA powers being used

RIPA is finally being used to force people to hand over encryption keys...

omg wtf...

"In the event that there was doubt that a suspect did not possess a key, he
said, it was up to the prosecution to demonstrate beyond a reasonable doubt
that they could know the passphrase"

ever fat finger a password? ever forgot a password? ( I got a zip archive I
protected and cant unlock due to the fact I forgot the passphrase )

looks like prosecuters and judges will now be ASSUMING guilt or innocence
based on whaty they THINK MIGHT be true. ( if you created the passphrase you
must know it )