Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Could n3td3v win a Pwnie award?
From: wishi <wishi () pluto sunn de>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 15:27:08 +0200

G. D. Fuego schrieb:

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 10:32 PM, Joey Mengele <joey.mengele () hushmail com>
wrote:

wishi,

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:19:46 -0400 wishi <wishi () pluto sunn de>
wrote:

I thought exactly the same. Security is a process. If someone
doesn't
understand, that it's better to know the vulnerabilities to
defend, he
didn't understand it.

I think you have this mixed up. Security a destination, not a
process.

If that was true then the system you secure today would be safe untouched a
year from now or the year after that.

No... that's a general aspect: of course security is a destination. But
it's never fully reached. We develop it further every day, by finding
exploits, patching the systems, fixing the issues create it.
That's the processes of reaching the destination as far as possible.