Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [inbox] Re: simple phishing fix
From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:21:43 -0400

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:47:34 EDT, Exibar said:
  Can we agree there's generally, roughly, somewhere in the neighborhood
of, approx 10,000 to 15,000 "officially City, State or Federally
recognized money savings places" in the states then?  Maybe more, maybe
less, give or take a thousand or two...

And worldwide, probably the hundreds of thousands (or at least 100K),
since that leaves us only having to find 85K banks on the rest of the planet.
So if we're *really* being pedantic, the original assertion of "hundreds of
thousands" is almost certainly correct...

Phishing isn't a US-only phenomenon - I regularly see phishes for British
and Canadian banks, and the occasional looks-kinda-like-a-phish in non-English.