Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: xss dot(.) filter evasion
From: Andrew Farmer <andfarm () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 19:07:02 -0700

On 18 Jun 08, at 08:49, Thomas Pollet wrote:
I came across this site that implemented some filtering so the dots
were
replaced by an underscore, also the quotes and backslash were escaped.
I came up with the code below to bypass this filtering (write
anything to
the page using String.fromCharCode)
Someone knows a different way to do this?

eval makes everything easy. Well, reasonably easy.

eval(unescape(String(/%2a%2a%2falert(%22xss%22);%2f%2a%2a/)));