mailing list archives
Re: XCon 2008 Call for Paper
From: Sowhat <smaillist () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 16:40:19 +0800
Got couple of emails with comments (language mistakes) and questions,
Actually XCon is held by XFOCUS guys (Casper and others), they wrote
it up and I was just helping to post the CFP.
If you have any questions regarding the schedule, the conferences,
the hotel, etc.
Welcome to XCon! Welcome to China!
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Sowhat <smaillist () gmail com> wrote:
XCon 2008 Call for Paper
Nov. 18th – 19th, 2008, Beijing, PRC (http://xcon.xfocus.net)
XCon is wholeheartedly expecting papers from those who are passionate
about information security technique and their participation and sharing of
Anyone who loves information security, including information security
experts and fans, network administrators, network security consultants, CIO,
hacker technique fans, etc.
Location : Beijing Jintai Hotel http://www.bjjintaihotel.com/
Topics include (but not limited to):
--- Security in new fields
- Web 2.0
- 3G/4G network
- Mobile Handset
- Banks & financial institutes
- GRPS & CDMA
- Routing device
- Visualization technique
--- Application security
- Web application vulnerability research
- Application reverse engineering and related automated tools
- Database security & attacks
- Protocol security & exploitation
- Advanced Trojans, worms and backdoor technique
- Encryption & decryption technique
--- Intrusion detection/forensics analysis
- File system analysis & recovery
- Real-time data structure recovery
- Reverse engineering (malicious code analysis technique,
- Traffic analysis
- Intrusion detection and anti-detection technique
--- Wireless & VoIP security
- 802.11x, CDPD, Bluetooth, WAP/TDMA, GSM, SMS
- PDA & mobile protocol analysis
- Palm, Pocket Pc
- Wireless gateway
- VoIP security & vulnerability analysis
- WLANs hardening & vulnerability analysis
- Instant messenger (MSN, Skype, ICQ, etc.)
- P2P application (BT, Emule, Thunder, online multi-media, etc.)
The submitted paper will include the following information :
1) Brief introduction to the topic. Please clarify if the topic has been
previously publicized, and if so, the distribution scope.
2) Speaker's self introduction and work experience.
3) Speaker's contact information: full name, alias, nationality, network
nickname, e-mail, tel, fax, current working place and company, IM (MSN, ICQ,
YM, AIM or others).
4) Presentation details:
- if any new tool/vulnerability/exploit will be released
5) The paper must include both PPT (for presentation) and WORD (for
detailed description) in MS Office or OpenOffice format.
All the papers will be submitted to cfp () xfocus org for preliminary
selection. The deadline for submission is Oct. 10th, 2008, and deadline for
confirmation is Oct. 20th, 2008. No matter if the paper is accepted, we will
officially inform you by the provided contact method within 5 working days.
Some important dates
* Deadline for submission – Oct. 10th, 2008
* Deadline for confirmation – Oct. 20th, 2008
If your paper is accepted by XCon, you will be invited to give an
individual lecture in XCon. The speakers will be provided with :
- Round-trip plane ticket (Economy class, and one person only. Foreign
speakers up to 1,200 USD)
- Two days' food and accommodation
- Invitation to celebration party
- Tour to some well-known scenic spots and historical sites in
Beijing, taste of Chinese flavored food
- Luck draw
- Speakers must provide corresponding invoice or credential.
- XCon reserves the right of final explanation.
For more information about the conference, please contact xcon () xfocus org or
professional XCon2008 organizer. MSN: xfocusxcon () hotmail com; tel :
In order to attend the conference, please register at XCon website
(http://xcon.xfocus.net) or directly contact the organizer mentioned above.
We will offer different discounts according to the time of application.
Attenders' food and accommodation will be covered by themselves, and XCon
will provide restaurant reservation and other service.
Other information :
All the information about XCon will be released on XCon and Xfocus website.
Please visit http://xcon.xfocus.org/ for more information about speakers,
agenda and previous XCon documents.
Thank you for your support on XCon !
"Life is like a bug, Do you know how to exploit it ?"
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/