Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] Very Low Signal to Noise Ratio on FD
From: Steve Lord <slord () mandalorian com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 22:55:14 +0100

Anders B Jansson wrote:
Od Orf wrote:
On a personal level, I have tried in the past to filter out posts
which fail to meet certain criteria using both blacklists and
whitelists of content keywords.  I've found these to be ineffective in
Just filter out all messages with the phrase "n3td3v" in adress, subject or
body and you'll get very close to a functional FD list.

A large majority of the noise is either from, replying to or mentioning that keyword.

You'd be amazed at how good that works. Even just filtering n3td3v's
comments allows you to watch the drama unfold through the responses,
something I'm sure many find more entertaining than the source.

--
Steve Lord
Mandalorian Security Services

Get the latest Information Security News at
Infosec Update: http://news.mandalorian.com