Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Linksys/Cisco WRT350N 1.0.3.7 shipping with insecure and static samba configuration
From: "Teh Kotak" <kotak.teh () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:29:47 +0700

As of today 25 September 2008, I am using the latest 1.0.3.7 firmware for my
region (Singapore), US also use this version.

1/ Outdated Samba 3.0.2, vulnerable to numerous security holes.

2/ Default admin:admin user

3/ Default open guest user, noway to disable it

4/ It is impossible to disable SAMBA completely! This is a wireless access
point/router... I don't want this shit insecure crap.

Cisco/Linksys engineers must stop sucking!