Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Major Greek bank sites with SSL vulnerable to XSS and open redirects
From: silky <michaelslists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 08:39:18 +1000

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Mon, 11 May 2009 16:19:49 +1000, silky said:
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com> wrote:

Everything is insecure by default. There is no such thing as secure by
default. Those that assume there is are the first to be hacked.

cute (old) opinion, but fairly useless in practice.

Not useless at all.  I'll bet you that if you go look at banks that have
gotten hacked, at least 75 to 80 percent of them have "we thought the firewall
was secure by default" or similar failure.

He was talking specifically about programming languages and so am I.

You can laugh and say 'all insecure' or you can actually look at what
does what and make educated decisions.

--
noon silky