Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Google baulks at Conroy's call to censor YouTube
From: "Ivan ." <ivanhec () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:03:23 +1100

Conroy said applying ISP filters to high-traffic sites such as YouTube
would slow down the internet, "so we're currently in discussions with
Google about ... how we can work this through".

"What we're saying is, well in Australia, these are our laws and we'd
like you to apply our laws," Conroy said.

"Google at the moment filters an enormous amount of material on behalf
of the Chinese government; they filter an enormous amount of material
on behalf of the Thai government."

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/google-baulks-at-conroys-call-to-censor-youtube-20100211-ntm0.html