Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Surge in Skype Spam activity
From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 03:02:06 +1300

dramacrat wrote:

hmmmm, shall I click a tinyurl coming from a f-d poster?

n/n, pick one

this is email, not twitter. if you're sharing a legitimate link, there's no
reason not to directly link to it.

Whilst I agree entirely with these sentiments, at least tinyurl has a
(I thought well-known) "preview" option that does not require a browser
plugin -- simply prefix the tinyurl.com domain name with the "preview"
sub-domain and instead of auto-redirecting you tinyurl will tell you
the redirection URL.

Also, is using a commandline URL grabber like curl or wget to see the
301 redirect terget really that difficult for a 1337 F-D hax0r such as
yourself?

FWIW, the target URL is:

   http://securityextension.com/securitylab

which really doesn't seem worth the effort of shortening...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald