Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Chrome and Safari users open to stealth HTML5 Application Cache attack
From: Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:30:03 +0200

In summary, any http hit on an insecure network is dangerous on all
browsers.
(FWIW, Chromium resolves this for me. When I type mail<enter> into the
omnibar, it auto-completes to https://mail.google.com/)

Actually, I see this as a legitimate gap.  HTTP links don't cache-mix with
HTTPS links, and cookies can have server-side integrity checking to prevent
HTTP pollution (lets not talk about the secure tag for cookies), but if it
is indeed the case that there is no way to have a HTTPS-exclusive
Application Cache, then that is a feature killing bug that's been
legitimately called out.

--Dan