mailing list archives
From: Thomas Lim <thomas () coseinc com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:28:09 +0800
*SyScan'10 CALL FOR PAPERS*
This year, SyScan'10 will be held in the 4 exciting cities of Singapore,
Hangzhou, Taipei and Ho Chi Minh City. Details are as follows:
/*date: 17 – 18 June 2010
/*date: 10 - 11 July 2010
/*date: 19 – 20 August 2010
*/SyScan'10 Ho Chi Minh City/*
date: 23 – 24 September 2010
*CFP COMMITTEE *
The Call for Papers committee for SyScan’10 comprises of the following
1. Thomas Lim – Organiser of SyScan and CEO of COSEINC
2. Dave Aitel – Founder and CTO of Immunitysec
3. Marc Maiffret – Ex-Founder and Chief Hacking Officer of eEye
4. Matthew “Shok” Conover – Symantec
The CFP committee will review all submissions and determine the final
list of speakers for SyScan’10.
*CONFERENCE TOPICS *
The focus for SyScan’10 will include the following:
*1. **Operating Systems*
*3. **Cloud Computing*
*5. **Mobile Devices/Embedded systems/Gadgets*
*6. **Web 2.0 **
* • Web services
• Web applications
*7. **Networking/Telecommunication *
• 3G/3.5G network
*9. ** BotNets*
*10. ** Security Policy/Best Practices*
*11. ** Legislation*
*12. **Any topics that will catch the attention of the CFP committee
and/or the world. *
• Return economy class air-ticket for one person.
• 3 nights of accommodation.
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner during conference.
• After-conference party.
• A very healthy dose of alcohol and fun.
• S$500 cash for speakers with brand new presentations.
CFP submission must include the following information:
1) Brief biography including list of publications and papers published
previously or training classes conducted previously.
2) Proposed presentation/training title, category, synopsis and
3) Contact Information (full name, alias, handler, e-mail, postal
address, phone, fax, photo, country of origin, special dietary
4) Employment and/or affiliations information.
5) Any significant presentation and educational/training
6) Why is your material different or innovative or significant or an
Please note that all speakers will be allocated 50 minutes of
presentation time. Any speakers that require more time must inform the
CFP committee during the CFP submission.
You are also required to send in a full technical paper of your
All submissions must be in English and in PDF format only. The more
information you provide, the better the chance for selection. Please
send submission to cfp () syscan org <mailto:cfp () syscan org>.
*IMPORTANT DATES *
Final CFP Submission – 31^st March 2010.
Notification of Acceptance – 16th April 2010.
Final Submission for Accepted Presentation Material – 31st May 2010
Final CFP Submission – 30th April 2010.
Notification of Acceptance – 16th May 2010.
Final Submission for Accepted Presentation Material – 25th June 2010.
Final CFP Submission – 31st May 2010.
Notification of Acceptance – 16th June 2009.
Final Submission for Accepted Presentation Material – 5th August 2010.
Final CFP Submission – 30th June 2010.
Notification of Acceptance – 16th July 2010.
Final Submission for Accepted Presentation Material – 3rd September 2010.
*OTHER INFORMATION *
Please feel free to visit SyScan website to get a feel what this
conference is all about – SHARE AND HAVE FUN!
By agreeing to speak at the SyScan'10 you are granting Syscan Pte. Ltd.
the rights to reproduce, distribute, advertise and show your
presentation including but not limited to http://www.syscan.org, printed
and/or electronic advertisements, and all other mediums.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- SyScan'10 CFP Thomas Lim (Mar 18)