Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Windows' future (reprise)
From: Sabahattin Gucukoglu <mail () sabahattin-gucukoglu com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 05:03:49 +0100

On 16 May 2010, at 04:06, Thor (Hammer of God) wrote:
Oh, one last thing - your "dear Pegasus" 4.51 Windows-based program that you hypocritically hold on to while
demonizing Windows and .NET was...   wait for it....   wait for it....   written with Visual Studio 2008 C++  - a
proud Microsoft .NET Framework development platform!

Sadly, a bad example: it was ported from Borland, an increasingly fragile and unsupported compiler.  It's also not a
.net app, which IMNSHO makes a world of difference to the point being made, but never mind that, you've had your last
word.

FTR: David did say some supportive things about RAD and .net.  It's all there in his blog, and I can't be bothered
looking for it.  I also note that Pegasus wines reasonably well, so using the header to identify the platform of the
sender may mislead you.  It is, alas, a well-rounded GUI mailer that Unix people such as myself rather like compared to
the mint-flavoured-wire GUI alternatives.

Cheers,
Sabahattin