Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: iPhone data protection flaw
From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 08:49:10 -0400

On Tue, 18 May 2010 14:38:47 +0200, Christian Sciberras said:

That is because it is a hardware protocol. But that doesn't mean
applications can't have their own protocol, or use a standard one such as
TLS.

Or get even simpler - design the device with the rule: "Don't even bother
talking on the USB until somebody has entered the PIN on our keypad".  And lo
and behold, unlike the usual USB flash drive, we even already know we have a
keypad in the hardware design. ;)