Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

All the md5 hashes in every single update message sent to this list
From: B1towel <ben () b1towel com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 02:22:24 -0400

What is the purpose of all the patch notification emails that when a security vulnerability is fixed the people who
send out the notification email include a 5 mile long list of md5 hashes for every single package and all dependancies
for the package that was updated? I feel that information does not need to be in the notification that the latest
version fixed a security vulnerability, and to me it just gets in the way of reading the occasionally useful content
this list has to offer.