Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

xss in blackboard 8
From: dave b <db.pub.mail () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 15:14:35 +1100

I don't have access to many blackboard systems but I can confirm that
in Blackboard Learning System version 8  (8.0.375.0) and Blackboard
Learning System - CE Enterprise License (Release CE 8.0.4)  that
CVE-2006-4308 was not actually fixed.

Any user with access to forums, assignment submission(comments /
submission)  which allows for html input is open to xss and open
redirect.
Blackboard does filter the <script> tag (and use of other tags) but
you can use <meta>(refresh) and the following xss example *should*
work.

<input type="text" AUTOFOCUS onfocus=alert(1)>

I do not have access to a blackboard 9 system, but I suspect this will
not work as the interface has been redone from the screen-shots I have
seen.

--
He draweth out the thread of his verbosity finer than the staple of
hisargument.            -- William Shakespeare, "Love's Labour's Lost"