Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Getting Off the Patch
From: Pete Herzog <lists () isecom org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:41:24 +0100

Hi,

Here's a new article on how and why you may want to stop patching your
software and take a new approach to your security.

"So if patching is a tactic towards a particular security strategy,
how can that be bad? I never said it was all bad. There are reasons
where patching makes sense just like there are reasons to get a kick
from a cup of coffee, get kicked by a shot of tequila, or spray stuff
up your nose to breathe easier for 1.5 seconds. Yes, for the record, I
am comparing patching to nasal spray."

Read it here:

https://www.infosecisland.com/blogview/10813-Getting-Off-the-Patch.html

Sincerely,
-pete.

--
Pete Herzog - Managing Director - pete () isecom org
ISECOM - Institute for Security and Open Methodologies