Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Dancho Danchev gone missing in Bulgaria
From: Jamie Riden <jamie.riden () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 08:18:28 +0000

On 16 January 2011 22:28, jf <jf () ownco net> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 07:45:30PM +0000, Joe Average wrote:
Via ZDNet:

"Zero Day blogger and malware researcher Dancho Danchev has gone
missing since August last year and we have some troubling information
that suggests he may have been harmed in his native Bulgaria."

"Dancho, who was relentless in his pursuit of cyber-criminals, last
blogged here on August 18.  His personal blog has not been updated
since September 11, 2010."

More Information:
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/we-need-help-with-the-strange-disappearance-of-dancho-danchev/7897

In soviet bulgaria, you not research malware author, malware author research you.

Bulgaria joined the European Union in 2007 - see
http://europa.eu/abc/european_countries/eu_members/bulgaria/index_en.htm
Sorry to spoil the joke, but it's not like you can be disappeared at
will in Bulgaria these days.

I met Dancho a couple of years ago, btw - nice bloke, and we'd all
like to know he's safe and well.

cheers,
 Jamie
--
Jamie Riden / jamie () honeynet org / jamie.riden () gmail com