Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Path to IT Security
From: Emmanuel Apreko <eapreko () ymail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:10:48 +0000 (GMT)

Hello All,

I'm a newbie to this list and all i need is some guidance into the world of IT security. i have completed Comptia A+
and Network + and wish to pursue a career in security.

After researching i found out that the most prestigious security certification is the CISSP and it seems like a very
long journey to it since i have no experience in it at all but need to get my foot in.

Could anyone please advise me on the best path to being a security professional? ie from beginner to pro?

All advise will be well appreciated.

Thanks