Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Mutt: failure to check server certificate in SMTP TLS connection
From: dave b <db.pub.mail () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 13:21:50 +1100

Um. Sorry, but I didn't want to be sent 100 different configurations
to test when perhaps someone knows about a configuration which is
'correct'.
So my test case as you pointed out did contain an error.
Here are the test case(s) I think you wanted me to run.

1. a muttrc with just
set smtp_url = "smtps://testme () lola com"

in it.
This does not 'fix' the problem (mutt still connects).

2.
a muttrc with just

set smtp_url = "smtps://testme () lola com:587"

it it.
mutt is unable to connect (it just 'hangs').

Did you mean for me to test any other configurations?