Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: TLS servers with overbroad certificates may mishandle diverted connections
From: Matt McCutchen <matt () mattmccutchen net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:53:21 -0400

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 03:43 -0700, coderman wrote:
On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Matt McCutchen <matt () mattmccutchen net> wrote:
If I make a TLS connection to example.com, a MITM attacker can divert
the connection to any server that bears a certificate valid for
example.com, ... especially likely to arise with wildcard certificates.
I plan to release an automated testing
tool, but I decided to go ahead and publicize the issue first.

i can has code?

You can once I write it.

--
Matt