Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: INSECT Pro 2.5 Release - Web scanner tool
From: Cal Leeming <cal () foxwhisper co uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:45:02 +0100

+1 for licensing.

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 8:42 PM, <jabea () jabea net> wrote:

Quoting Cal Leeming <cal () foxwhisper co uk>:

 What this really comes down to... Is the product *worth* donating to? If
it
is, then donate. If it isn't, then don't. I can't personally comment
either
way as I haven't tried it.

I agree with you, but in order to test it you *must* donate. First time I
see that.

Unless you email the authors, or are a FD's subcriber and have used
Steven's mirror. (pre 2.5 was tagged free, now it's tagged "There is no
fixed price to get a copy").

I just mean, make a real licensing behind the tool if you want to sell it,
or use a open licensing, but don't play with word in between.

Playing the donation way can be complex, if a user want a receipt for their
donation, can they produce it ? (I don't know USA law, but where I live only
a official non-profit organisation can receive a 'donation'. Else it's
simply considered a money gift). Their site advertise donation as 10, 50 and
100$, again, where I live you have the obligation to produce receipt for
donation over 10$.

But my point is simply they just don't look professionnal, and I judge them
that way because they try to sell the product, not like a GPL source code or
a freeware.

-phil