Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerabilities in *McAfee.com
From: Jacqui Caren-home <jacqui.caren () ntlworld com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:18:08 +0100

On 31/03/2011 13:13, BlackHawk wrote:
to close with a semi-serious joke: put all this together and you will
know why black market selling of exploit is increasing his size: at
least someone will appreciate your work and eventually recompensate
you for it..

Everyone makes mistakes. Being unable to admit fault is a serious character
flaw for a developer. However for a business, this may be a commercially
sensible strategy.

A long time ago I was asked to demo a MAC web server memory leak to a .mil
address. I declined but provided the details and test script to the contact
and left him to run his own tests. The server turned into a linux box a few
months later. My worry was my demo would be construed as an attack by his
"higher ups".

A lot of businesses do not consider "constructive criticism" as positive and
will sometimes do everything in thier power to "PR" you to death - its
often seen as cheaper than fixing the problem.

Jacqui