mailing list archives
Announcing the 44Con 2011 Technical Call For Papers
From: Steve Lord <steve () 44con com>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 14:19:04 +0100
]-- 44Con 2011 Technical Call For Papers
Tech CFP: http://www.44con.com/conference/tech-cfp.html
Limited Tickets *available now*: http://44con.eventbrite.com
44Con is the UK's largest combined Security Conference and Training
event, with the conference taking place on the 1st and 2nd of September,
2011 at a 5* Hotel & Conference facility near
Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. We will have a dedicated
conference area - with private bar (capacity 150) - selected talks will
be broadcast live in the bar.
The main conference room will be set for 400 for Keynotes and then be
split and changed to 200/200 for 2 speaking tracks - one 'Infosec
Professional', the other 'Technical Specialists'.
This is the Call for Papers for the Technical Specialist track.
]-- Technical Talk Content
Technical submissions should be sent to cfp () 44con com Our submissions
review panel includes luminaries from organisations such as THC and
various H.M. Government and military personnel. In
particular, we are looking for original talks of the highest quality in
the following areas:
1. Offensive Technologies
- Vulnerability exploitation techniques
2. Defensive Technologies
- Incident Response
- Malware forensics
- Intrusion Prevention Tools & Techniques
- Computer Network Defence (CND)
3. Bugs, finding and fixing
- Static Analysis
- Source Code Auditing
- The Exploit Economy
4. Cloud Computing
- Data Protection and Destruction
- Detection, Escape and Exploitation
- Defence, Sandboxing and Countermeasures
6. Owning the Enterprise
- Enterprise Software (e.g. SAP, Ab Initio, Oracle etc.)
- Trading Systems
- Enterprise Security Fail
7. Online Money
- Online Gambling Security
- Casino, Poker and Arcade systems.
- MMO gaming
- Commercial PRNG Analysis
8. Client Side Security
- Browser Security
- File Format Security
- Out of Band Measures (e.g. Chip & Pin)
9. Embedded/Hardware Hacking
- Mobile devices
- Mobile Phones - Particularly iPhone/Windows Mobile
- Games Consoles
- Cool Hardware Hacks (e.g. Arduino etc.)
- GSM Security
- Access Control
- Consumer Broadband Devices
- DVR and Set Top Boxes
10. Application Security
- Web-based Application Security
- Binary Application Security
- Reverse Engineering
- Copyright and DRM
11. Networking and Comms
- OSI Layers 1 through 4
- RF Comms (RFID, NFC etc.)
- Satellite Hacking
12. Critical National Infrastructure (CNI)
- Emergency Services Systems
- Medical Systems and IT Security
- Cyber Espionage
Please try to not recycle content from other conference presentations.
If you have an updated presentation please let us know what has changed
from the previous presented version.
Note: this is not an exclusive list. If you have a good talk proposal,
please let us know.
]-- Selection Committee
- Van Hauser - THC
- Steve Lord - 44Con
- The Unknown Soldier - MoD
- Assorted shadowy figures from the unconvention
]-- Speaker Privileges
Speakers at 44Con will be entitled to the following:
- Reimbursement of air ticket for one person up to 500 GBP.
- 3 nights accommodation
- Breakfast & Lunch during conference
- After-Conference Party Invite
- Press Access (for those that want it)
- Alcohol, Fun and Frolics
Although no honorarium is provided for talks, cash awards will be
provided for the following:
- best technical specialist track talk: 1,000 GBP
- best infosec professional track talk: 1,000 GBP
- best new talk: 1,000 GBP
- 44Con award of awesomeness: 'special awesome prize'
The award winners will be chosen based on feedback forms provided to
delegates at the conference. Winning one category does not preclude a
speaker from competing in others.
]-- Submissions process
Submit your CFP response to cfp () 44con com Submissions are preferred in
plain text. If we can't read your submission we can't evaluate it, so
please work with us to make sure we can read
the submission. Submissions must be in English only.
Your submission must contain the following information (feel free to cut
and paste into an email):
2. Handle/Alias if you have one you'd prefer us to use
3. Email address (we won't assume the from address is what you want us
4. Mobile phone number
6. A brief biography, no more than 250 words.
7. Presentation Title.
8. Which of the categories in the CFP this falls under (if any)
9. Length of talk.
10. Where this talk or presentation material has been delivered before.
11. Any differences between this and previously given versions.
12. Demo available?
13. Equipment needed for demo that you will be supplying.
14. Presentation format (e.g. PPT, Keynote, ODP, PDF, .Tex etc.)
15. Brief summary of presentation (max. 400 words).
Speaker slots are 45 minutes in length plus Q&A time up to an hour in total.
]-- Important dates
- CFP Deadline: Friday 20th May, 6pm UTC
- Speaker announcements: Wednesday 25th May - 10th June
- Speaker flight details to be submitted by 30th June
- Technical Presentation Submission Deadline: 31th July
- Technical Papers/Tools Submission Deadline: 12th August
- 44Con Training: 30th and 31st August
- 44Con Conference: 1st and 2nd September
]-- Other Information
44Con is the UK's biggest combined Information Security Conference and
Training Event. To find out more about 44Con visit http://www.44con.com/
or follow us on twitter @44con, or use the
#44con hashtag to see and take part in the discussion on Twitter.
Tickets are available now from the main web site at
By agreeing to speak at 44Con you are granting Sense/Net Ltd (owners of
44Con) the rights to reproduce and distribute your presentation
including but not limited to http://www.44con.com/,
advertisements in various mediums and through partner sites and mediums.
If you are not comfortable with this arrangement this must be agreed
with us in writing prior to the event.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Announcing the 44Con 2011 Technical Call For Papers Steve Lord (May 03)