Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Facebook
From: Daniel Clemens <daniel.clemens () packetninjas net>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 18:34:08 -0500

On May 3, 2011, at 6:30 PM, Ivan . wrote:

it's the law, specifically CALEA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_Assistance_for_Law_Enforcement_Act

This is a bit different contextually than the statement made concerning facebook etc.

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Javier Bassi <javierbassi () gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Daniel Clemens
<daniel.clemens () packetninjas net> wrote:
Prove it!
You clearly know nothing about our legal system.

You might find this links interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0aQojDGSD4
http://www.google.com/transparencyreport/governmentrequests/

My point is LEO still has to apply for a title 3 wiretap or a subpoena  which is easier since 9/11 but its not as close
to the statement that was made.

"Google, Yahoo – all these major US organizations have built-in interfaces

for US intelligence. It’s not a matter of serving a subpoena. They have an
interface that they have developed for US intelligence to use."

It really still is a matter of a subpoena, and that is my point.

| Daniel Uriah Clemens
| Packetninjas L.L.C | | http://www.packetninjas.net
| c. 205.567.6850      | | o. 866.267.8851
"Moments of sorrow are moments of sobriety"