mailing list archives
[HackingChallenge] HackIM 2012 Begins
From: corrupt <corrupt () null co in>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 13:26:09 +0530
Its just 2nd Weekend of the Year and We have 13th Day - on a Friday...
"Friday - The 13th"
The Devil's Own Luck just got Better by the clock striking 13:13 ...
All the devils ... Watch out for HackIM - 2012 ...
n00bs & haXors,
We are proud to present the third and the most awaited edition of HackIM
.. This year its bigger, better and more twisted then ever.
We've got se7en categories, each with 5 levels (Total of whopping 35
- Reverse Engineering
- Log Analysis
Winner gets a free pass with two days stay for nullcon Goa 2012. If you've
already bought the pass we'll reimburse it.
The first person to finish all the level wins (Or whoever is with the
maximum points at 22nd Feb 00:00 GMT +530)
The first 8 runner ups will get a chance to enroll for JailBreak, where in
if they enrol, they get 25% off on Individual nullcon Goa 2012 Pass. In
JailBreak, participants will have to stay under house arrest (15th-16th Feb
2012). JailBreak participant can stay on same venue till 18th of Feb. (even
after jail break)
Good luck and have fun :)
Special Thanks to the volunteers and supporters without whom this would not
have been possible
1. Prashant Mahajan
2. Anant Shrivastava
3. Amol Naik
4. Prince Boonlia
5. Pushkar Pashupat
6. Abhisek Datta
7. Ajit Hatti
8. Bipin Upadhyay
9. Hemanshu Asolia
10. Murtuja Bharmal
11. Aseem Jakhar
12. Rahul Sasi
13. Pardhasaradhi CH
14. Shannon Morse (snubs) & Team from Hak5 - Trust Your Technolust
Ok, here you should pay more attention:
1. Players will need to create an account in order to participate in the
2. Each level gives you sets of clues to reach to the next level. Following
these clues you should figure your way to the next level. Once you have
reached the final level you'll know how to claim the booty.
3. The unofficial back channel for the challenge is
irc.chat4all.org#nullcon & #n|u. Hints will also be provided for each
level through twitter
or null mailing list. More details will be available shortly.
4. This challenge does NOT give participants any legal permission to
exploit http://nullcon.net or its hosting partner in a destructive manner .
Any attack against the site or the hosted servers will be observed under
general legal framework.
5. Running Automation tools (Scanner/Enumerators/Password Crackers, etc) is
not allowed and won't help you complete the challenge in anyway.
6. Scoreboard for the challenge is available on
1. Armed with your favorite hacking and debugging tools is advisable. (It
will be a good idea to take the new Matriux or BT5 for a ride.)
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- [HackingChallenge] HackIM 2012 Begins corrupt (Jan 13)