mailing list archives
[SECURITY] CVE-2012-0022 Apache Tomcat Denial of Service
From: Mark Thomas <markt () apache org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:34:58 +0000
CVE-2012-0022 Apache Tomcat Denial of Service
Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
- Tomcat 7.0.0 to 7.0.22
- Tomcat 6.0.0 to 6.0.33
- Tomcat 5.5.0 to 5.5.34
- Earlier, unsupported versions may also be affected
Analysis of the recent hash collision vulnerability identified unrelated
inefficiencies with Apache Tomcat's handling of large numbers of
parameters and parameter values. These inefficiencies could allow an
attacker, via a specially crafted request, to cause large amounts of CPU
to be used which in turn could create a denial of service.
The issue was addressed by modifying the Tomcat parameter handling code
to efficiently process large numbers of parameters and parameter values.
Users of affected versions should apply one of the following mitigations:
- Tomcat 7.0.x users should upgrade to 7.0.23 or later
- Tomcat 6.0.x users should upgrade to 6.0.35 or later
- Tomcat 5.5.x users should upgrade to 5.5.35 or later
The inefficiencies in handling large numbers of parameters were
identified by the Apache Tomcat security team.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- [SECURITY] CVE-2012-0022 Apache Tomcat Denial of Service Mark Thomas (Jan 17)