Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Reflection Scan: an Off-Path Attack on TCP
From: Robert Kim App and Facebook Marketing <evdo.hsdpa () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:18:20 +0900

Is there a diagram or a video? I'm not a professional IT guy so I'm gunna
need something of a tutorial! HAHA!

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:22 AM, xD 0x41 <secn3t () gmail com> wrote:

On 18 January 2012 09:45, Jan Wrobel <wrr () mixedbit org> wrote:
Hi,

This TCP session hijacking technique might be of interest to some of you.

Abstract:
The paper demonstrates how traffic load of a shared packet queue can
be exploited as a side channel through which protected information
leaks to an off-path attacker. The attacker sends to a victim a
sequence of identical spoofed segments. The victim responds to each
segment in the sequence (the sequence is reflected by the victim) if
the segments satisfy a certain condition tested by the attacker. The
a routing queue shared between the victim and the attacker. Increased
processing time of packets traversing the queue reveal that the tested
condition was true. The paper concentrates on the TCP, but the

-- Robert Q Kim
High Volume and Digital Printing Company in Seoul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaWEWl8saHw
San Diego, CA 92007
310 598 1606