Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Fw: Who is behind Stratfor hack?
From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 15:06:16 -0500

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 11:16:59 CST, Laurelai said:

He sent a copy to you too?  My condolences.  He comes up with the most
"interesting" conclusions sometimes.

If this turns out to be the person who hacked your web site, I would
like a cash reward.

Andrew

---

http://pastebin.com/f7jYf5Wd

"46. > lol xD"

Should we read into this too much?

You just did, Andrew.  There's 2 possibilities. Either it's a frikkin *SMILEY*,
or I'm actually a Microsoft hacker that goes by the name 'XP Vista'.  Hint - in a few
places, we find the string 'xD xD'.  Do you sign your name Andrew Andrew? No?
Then which is more likely, it's 2 smileys in a row, or the person's tag twice
in a row?

Last email I have from him is 23rd December... same kind of grammar as
the Stratfor pastebin.

This is *so* amusing, coming from the person who's *still* threatening legal
action against me for suggesting "n3td3v" to Neal Krawetz, which resulted in
a nice presentation at Black Hat on linguistic analysis.  At least Neal actually
measured percentages of words and syllable lengths and tenses and stuff
like that. ;)

It seems he disappeared just as the Stratfor news broke just before
Christmas.

Andrew? Hate to break it to you, but a lot of people go on actual multi-week
vacations around Christmastime. Heck, something like 57% of the entire population
of the town I live in left around Dec 16, and won't be back till next week.  The streets
are deserted.  Maybe one of those 20,000 people is the *real* hacker and left
just before the news broke, not on Christmas vacation?

lol XP XP