Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Apple IOS security issue pre-advisory record
From: Dave <mrx () propergander org uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 22:34:38 +0000

And I thought curiosity killed only pussy cats.
I don't consider myself a security professional, but playing around with computers since the early 80's has certainly
taught me that:

i)      Most links in forums.emails.blogs etc. benefit only the poster when clicked upon.
ii)     Paranoia is healthy. If one runs a computer most people ARE out to get you.
iii)    Lots of people are smarter than I.
iv)     If the curiosity is irresistible... use a VM.
v)      Browse unknown sites with scripting/cookies/etc disabled or use wget/lynx or see above.
vi)     Trust no one, Trust nothing.
vii)    At the first sign of compromise format and reinstall from trusted media.

I really shouldn't be trying to teach grannies to suck eggs but...
The last computer virus/compromise that affected a computer I owned, apart from those I purposely infect VM's with was
the Saddam virus on my Amiga.

Now in my smugness, I expect I will be handed my ass later....

que sera sera

QR tags (matrix barcode)  now there's some fun waiting to happen ;-)

Dave