Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Google Accounts Security Vulnerability
From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor () hammerofgod com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 19:32:40 +0000

Logging on to IMAP mail as one would be doing hundreds of times per day is not going to reset the web cookie.  If that
is what the OP is reporting, I would have to question if his recollection is correct since, by that logic, the password
reset feature would never be activated since any other IMAP logon would clear it.

If the user logged in, and was presented with the questions as stated, then it probably cleared any requirement since
he would have to accept that.  Unless he is saying that when presented with the questions he purposefully did not put
them in and tried to logon to IMAP which I find odd.

Regardless, if you already know the username and password for the email, it doesn't matter anyway no does it?  You
could always get the mail via IMAP or POP or whatever options were configured in gmail.  There wouldn't be any need to
go to the web interface in the first place.

Now that I know I'm not missing anything, I'll just let this one die on the vine.

TimSig]

Timothy "Thor"  Mullen
www.hammerofgod.com
Thor's Microsoft Security Bible<http://www.amazon.com/Thors-Microsoft-Security-Bible-Collection/dp/1597495727>