Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The story of the Linux kernel 3.x...
From: Tavis Ormandy <taviso () cmpxchg8b com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 23:52:54 +0200

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 02:39:44PM -0700, Dan Kaminsky wrote:

But we're making progress, we now know that opensuse on x86 is broken.

Is VSYSCALL at a fixed address a similar problem?  My Ubuntu boxes indeed
have this mapped at the fixed location mentioned.

--Dan

Not unless you can find a way to break it, it's a requirement and (in
theory) sanitised. This is suboptimal, but this is not news.

Tavis.