Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: A damn aweful facebook DOS
From: Bill Weiss <houdini+full-disclosure () clanspum net>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 08:29:42 -0600

Chris C. Russo(chris () calciumsec com)@Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 04:28:33AM -0300:
Good news everyone!

The last time I reported a security flaw to facebook, it took around 6
weeks until they replied,
telling me that there was no flaw at all. Perhaps that's why I decided
to make public any flaw on facebook from now on.
[cut some technical details for readability]
(Properly replace the <EXTREMLY LONG MESSAGE HERE> before testing)

This might not be the best vulnerability description ever,
but I hope it helps solving the condition as soon as possible. Have fun.

What length of EXTREMELY LONG MESSAGE were you using in testing?  1K
bytes, 1M, 1G?

--
Bill Weiss