mailing list archives
CarolinaCon-9 - March 2013 - Call for Presenters/Speakers/Papers/Demos
From: Vic Vandal <vvandal () well com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 11:16:30 -0700 (PDT)
h4x0rs, InfoSec professionals, g33k girls, international spies, and script kidz,
CarolinaCon-9 will occur on March 15th-17th 2012 in Raleigh NC (USA). We are now officially accepting
speaker/paper/demo submissions for the event.
If you are somewhat knowledgeable in any interesting field of hacking, technology, robotics, science, global
thermonuclear war, etc. (but mostly hacking), and are interested in presenting at CarolinaCon-9, we cordially invite
you to submit your proposal. Please send;
- your name or handle/alias
- the presentation name/title
- a brief topic abstract (1-2 paragraphs)
- the estimated time-length of your presentation
- a brief bio (100% optional item, but if your talk is chosen it saves the time and trouble of asking for it later)
....via e-mail to:
The presentation submission coordinator is Zip. He will send you a receipt confirmation email at his first convenience.
*NOTE: All submissions are due BY January 4th, 2013. However we will be making some early selections this year from
amongst the submissions, so please be timely in submission if you're committed to being part of the elite cadre of
chosen presenters. We value diversity so please don't hesitate to propose your ideas no matter how outlandish.
If you present at the Con, you will receive;
- free CarolinaCon admission for you and one guest
- one free CarolinaCon-9 T-shirt (l33t)
- free transportation between RDU airport and the conference hotel (if needed)
- minimal fame, glory, and possibly even notoriety
- mad props and much love from our staff and attendees
SPONSORS and/or VENDORS:
We don't accept any, so please don't bother asking. Capitalism and philanthropic knowledge-sharing don't mix in our
opinion. We keep our admission price to the bare minimum to cover our venue and equipment expenses. All of our staff
are volunteers who generously donate their time and energy. All of our presenters generously donate their time and
talent. The only items sold at CarolinaCon are a limited quantity of single-design CarolinaCon t-shirts....and we only
make and sell those because attendees and staff want them (and because they're cool).
If you are interested in attending, watch this space for more details:
...and don't forget to mark the March 2013 dates on your calendar.
If you have any important (as in not-dumb and not-spam) inquiries about the event you can send email to:
We look forward to seeing you at our 2013 event.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- CarolinaCon-9 - March 2013 - Call for Presenters/Speakers/Papers/Demos Vic Vandal (Oct 01)