Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Your account could be at risk of state-sponsored attacks
From: Aftermath <aftermath.thegreat () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 16:56:25 -0700

NB: the Googlemail support page the link points to says you should
have been directed there by a message "above your inbox", *not* in the
body of an actual email.

Yes, that is where it appears.

Maybe your cyber-friend-group is resident in a particularly targeted
geographical region and Google knows it .... or maybe Google *has*
successfully detected _some_ malware on its way to you, and noticed
that the malware is sufficiently mutable in character (polymorphic)
that other variants may have made it through undetected.

Nick

Well, my "cyber friends" are actually a group who are in a private
mailing list dedicated to malware research. We are located all over
the world and not located in any particular geographic location.

I want to know if its the malware samples/source code and PDF/DOC
files that we are sending eachother that set off alarms _OR_ if some
one is interested in our list.

This is why I mailed FD; to see if its possibly related to the subject
mater of our mailing list. From the feedback I've been getting from FD
it does not appear that many gmail users on FD have gotten this
warning. This is curious because our list has a small amount of users
and not everyone on the list users gmail but quite a few of us who are
using gmail have gotten this warning.  It still could be that we are
sending malware back and forth.

-Afterm4th