mailing list archives
PHDays IV Call for Papers is Open
From: PHD <PHD () ptsecurity com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 06:22:35 +0000
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Positive Hack Days IV forum on practical information security as a
speaker. The forum will be held in Moscow on May 21 and 22, 2014.
* Report (50 minutes)
* Fast Track (15-30 minutes)
* Hands-on Lab (up to 4 hours)
Themes of the reports should be relevant to information security. We are mostly interested in the following topics:
* Hackers' new targets: from audio baby monitors and pacemakers through to nuclear power plants
* Privacy and trade secrets protection in the days of PRISM, SORM-2, Snowden and Assange
* Computer forensics against targeted APT attacks and cyber spying
* Fresh approach to intrusion detection and prevention
* Methods of struggle against DDoS attacks
* ERP systems and business applications security
* Business data protection (BYOD, MDM, DLP)
* Counteracting attacks against web applications
* Protecting virtual corporate and private clouds
* Applied cryptography
* Security of government information systems and E-government
* Techniques and tools for physical security
* Protection of ICS/SCADA: securing industrial systems and modern cities
If your report does not concern any of the above topics but covers some other aspect of information security, and you
believe it will be interesting for the community, please, feel free to apply.
Attention! We will not accept reports aimed at promoting certain products, services, or companies.
There are no strict restrictions for participants: anyone from a novice to a recognized expert in information security
can be a speaker. Our goal is to facilitate animated, informal communication between all representatives of the
information security industry. The main requirements are an interesting topic concerning information security, novelty
and urgency of the issues under consideration, professionalism and competence.
The organizers will consider every single application and select the best ones.
Participation application should contain the following information:
Information about the speaker:
* First and last name
* CV (educational and professional background, titles, main professional achievements)
* Residence (country, city)
* Contact information (telephone number, email)
Information about the report:
* Brief summary (500 characters)
* Detailed outline
* Report status (whether it was published previously, where)
* Demos, utilities, 0-day vulnerabilities, and etc.
We highly encourage and will favor submissions that contain any of the following information: tool, slides, whitepaper.
It is desirable that the reports be in Russian or English.
HOW TO APPLY
Email us your application with all the required information.The applications for participation as a speaker will be
accepted in two stages:
* The first stage is from November 25, 2013 to January 27, 2014
* The second stage is from February 17, 2014 to March 31, 2014
Send your applications to cfp () phdays com<mailto:cfp () phdays com>.
For any additional information, contact us at cfp () phdays com<mailto:cfp () phdays com>.
After all applications are considered, the potential participants will receive letters with the results.
TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION
The organizers will partially or fully pay for the transportation and accommodation of the speakers. The organizers'
share is considered individually for each participant.
On our part, we guarantee all the participants 2 days of positive emotions, a good mood, interesting people, and new
We are waiting for your papers!
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- PHDays IV Call for Papers is Open PHD (Dec 02)