Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

iOS walled-gardens and security
From: "COPiOUS" <copious () hushmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:26:20 +0100

Hello,

I'm currently working on a framework for iOS interaction specifically tailored up to unjailbroken devices and security
research for applications.

Is there already some work done on this subject? Many applications think their sandbox is secure, since they can't get
out, but others are able to get in.  Also, how can you disclose those issues responsibly? My techniques must be adapted
for each application, and depend on developer idiocy and Apple supporting the idea that their platform is "secure".

At the moment, over twenty random applications in the App Store were proven to be vulnerable to these techniques, and I
want to do something useful with this information.

COPiOUS