Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Are software cracks also a form of security vulnerabilities?
From: "COPiOUS" <copious () hushmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:20:13 +0100

Hello,

First of all, the question is in the subject. Should say enough.

In my opinion they are, since a software crack allows unauthorized use of software and the exposure of (possible) trade
secrets, but I want to know how other people think about this. Also, by cracking software packages, other issues pop up
quite often - quite a lot of applications aren't tamper-proof. But does "not tamper-proof" mean that the software is
flawed?

Since we're moving to a smartphone/app-centric world, application security (and especially mobile application security)
is an important topic, since many developers think that a walled garden is safe. It's not because you can't get out,
that others can't get in.

COPiOUS