Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Canon Printer Exposes WiFi Password
From: Matt Andreko <mandreko () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 18:26:35 -0400

I found the same issue and more (even a DoS) in the Canon web UI:
https://www.mattandreko.com/2013/06/18/canon-y-u-no-security/

Unfortunately, Canon's response seems less than impressive. They apparently
don't really care as long as the product sells. Their response is pretty
much, "Nobody would be stupid enough to put it on a public IP", yet there
are hundreds on ShodanHQ. I saw some for big universities' libraries.
Imagine the fun a bad-guy could have DoS'ing the printer during finals-week.

I was trying to reverse the firmware, to find more bugs, but didn't have a
lot of luck, as that's not really my thing. However, I'm guessing someone
that does it regularly could have a hay-day.