mailing list archives
Hackito Ergo Sum 2014 CFP
From: Alexandre De Oliveira <alex () p1sec com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:51:18 +0100
Just an annouce that the Call for Papers for the 5th edition of Hackito
Ergo Sum is out!
The final date of submission is the 31th of March!
See you at Hackito !
Hackito Ergo Sum is an international conference focused on
security and hacking breakthroughs from many different
perspectives: corporate, hackers, industry, governments,
academics. Diversity and creativity in this domain are the key
words. HES2014 will have for its 5th edition some of the best
hacking talents in the world.
Hackito Ergo Sum 2014 will take place in Paris, France from the
24th to the 26th of April, 2014, at Cite des sciences et de
30 Avenue Corentin Cariou
It is easily accessible via public transport with metro line 7,
at the Porte de la Villette, or by car using orbital motorway
(Multiverse level I / 61d8327deb882cf99).
Map and pictures are available here:
It's 2014 and we're still on the place for a new year of hack and fun!
During the three days of HES, research conferences, solutions
presentations, panels, debates, AND PARTIES will aim to share,
mix, and determine the future of IT security & hacking.
--[ Content of the Research Track:
We are expecting submissions in English only.
The format will be 45 minutes presentation + 10 minutes Q&A.
We are also allocating slots for lightning talks (15 min) at the end
of the day.
Please note that talks whose content will be judged too
commercial or biased toward a given vendor will be rejected.
We will also consider new and first time presenters, so that
anyone can get his/her foot in the door. Don't be shy, just say
"It's one of my first conf submission", and we'll be kind.
For the research track, preference will be given to offensive,
innovative, and highly technical proposals.
As a suggestion, we would love to see things about:
* SIPRnet, NIPRnet & other defense networks funny stories
* LTE radio and signaling abuses and/or real life hacks
* 4G, Diameter & GRX/IPX hacks
* Exploit style stylography
* CTF Antiforensics: Detection of Intelligence gathering CTFs
* Government filternets (formerly known as Internet, R.I.P)
* x86/64 & Non-x86 exploitation
* New methods to detect software bugs (source or binary based)
* Funky Kernel land exploits
* Offensive forensics
* Current kernel buffer overflows exploit techniques for your
* SAT solving your ROP gadgeting and chaining
* IOS vuln research & vulndev
* Identifying tainted 0-day sploits for government-sponsored grey
* Mobile Botnets and Overlay networks-based C&C
* IPv6 & "Carrier Grade NATs" advances
* M2M Machine Type Communication
* Sound hacking: binaural, brown, ...
* UEFI malware writing
* Android, RIM, Bada, IOS Mobile applications & OS hacks
* TPM and Secure Boot kitting & knifing
* FPGA backdoors
* Automated Hardware reverse engineering
* Hardware security & lockpicking in 2014
* Stun the community !
We will also have a Zero Day Show, as last year, at the end of
the conference so that people can share (love/kindness) or show
(salivate/envy) their new babies to the world. Prepare! Zombie
Exploitocalyps incoming :)
We highly encourage any other presentation topic, especially the
one we may not even imagine.
If you want to share skills on a specific subject during a
workshop, feel free to contact us.
[*] Requested information:
Submissions must contain the following information:
* Speakers name or alias
* Presentation Title
* Needs: Internet? Others?
* Demo (Y/N)
* Company (name) or Independent? (optional)
* Address (optional)
* Phone (optional)
* Email (optional)
* Biography (optional)
We highly encourage and will favor presentations with demos.
Specify if submission contains any of the following information:
[*] How to submit:
Submit your presentation and materials by sending an email to:
2014-01-13 Call for Paper
2014-03-31 Submission Deadline
2014-04-04 Acceptance notification
2014-04-07 Program announcement
2014-04-24 Start of conference
2014-04-26 End of conference
--[ Program Committee:
The following program committee will review the submissions:
- Tavis Ormandy (Google) @taviso
- Mark Dowd (AzimuthSecurity) @mdowd
- Alex Rice (Facebook)
- Charlie Miller (Twitter) @0xcharlie
- David Litchfield (V3rity Software) @dlitchfield
- Nico Waisman (Immunity) @nicowaisman
- Philippe Langlois (P1 Security) @philpraxis
- Laurent Gaffie (Trustwave)
- Julien Tinnes (Google)
- Brad Spengler (aka spender) (Grsecurity)
- Silvio Cesare (Volven Security Solutions) @silviocesare
- Carlos Sarraute (GranData)
- Itzik Kotler (aka izik) @itzikkotler
- Jason A. Donenfeld (ZX2C4) @zx2c4
- Rodrigo Branco (Dissect.pe) @bsdaemon
- Tim Shelton (HAWK Network Defense) @redsandbl4ck
- Ilja Van Sprundel (IOActive)
- Raoul Chiesa (Security Brokers)
- Dhillon Andrew Kannabhiran (HITB) @hackinthebox
- Philip Petterson (aka Rebel)
- The Grugq @thegrugq
- Emmanuel Gadaix (Globe Relay Inc) @gadaix
- Kugg (/tmp/lab)
- Harald Welte (Sysmocom) @LaF0rge
- Van Hauser (THC)
- Fyodor Yarochkin @fygrave
- Gamma (THC, Teso) @GammaTHC
- Pipacs (Linux Kernel Page Exec Protection)
- Nico Golde (Qualcomm) @iamnion
Here is the list of prices for HES2014:
* VIP (include diner with speaker and some suprises) : 1337 EUR (places
* Corporate ticket: 500 EUR
* Security professionals: 180 EUR
* Non security professionals: 80 EUR
* Discount for students below 26 (student id check) : 50 EUR
* Discount for unemployment (pole emploi justification) : 50 EUR
* Discount for CVE/exploit publisher in 2013-2014: 50 EUR
* Volunteers (Must register, see below): 0 EUR
Corporate tickets are a great way to directly sponsor HES and
help us to continue to organize this event. Special privileges or
goodies may be offered with these tickets.
Buy your ticket online :
We are looking for sponsors. Don't forget that sponsors are
essential for events like HES.
Entrance fees and sponsors fees are used to fund international
speakers travel costs and hosting facility. Please ask for the
HES2014 Sponsor Kit at sponsors_AT_hackitoergosum.org
Volunteers who sign up before 2014-04-07 get free access and will
need to be present onsite one days before (2014-04-23) if no
further arrangement is made with the organization.
Journalists are welcome, but are required to comply with simple
rules to ensure the mutual respect among adults we aim to bring
in Hackito. In particular, filming or taking pictures of
attendees without their prior agreement is absolutely prohibited.
"We shall respect privacy and people" is the only motto.
Register here: http://2014.hackitoergosum.org/press/
Of course, there will be an online challenge during the
conference, hosted and animated by Over The Wire. We will
announce the country of honor for that regard shortly.
We will also have a new Hacker & Vendors challenge:
-- [ beer lock picking
New type of challenge, imagine...
-- [ hackerspaces fest
It's been a while since the last Hacker Space Fest in Paris. Now we want
to make it again, and we have the opportunity of organizing a HSF in a
great space, next to the child of HSF2009 which is Hackito Ergo Sum
conference.HSF2014 will be completely free.
HSF will contain as usual the emerging new domains and research:
* Bio-activism, greenlib & open seed banks
* Privacy enhacing for everyone
* hackerspaces, hackerislands and hackerlands
* Transformative Art
* Contemporary Medidation & other brain hacks
* Short loops, micro-recycling and local 3D-manufacturing
* Network, computing, embedded, and bio Hacking
* Education hacks and shortcuts away from the neo-prussian model
* Nerds & social science
* OppressiveLegal vs. LibertyLegal hacks
* Technology & Society enablers
* How to liberate from Nazidministration?
* Quantum computers DIY
* Cryptocurrencies local actions and global effects
* Community-driven societal change
* Mobility-Civility mix
Please submit via hes-cfp_AT_lists.hackitoergosum.org
For more specific questions: hes2014-orga_AT_lists.hackitoergosum.org
Hackito Ergo Sum 2014 conference - http://2014.hackitoergosum.org
-- [ Social Media:
Keep in touch with the HES Organization via Twitter!
@hesconference on Twitter ! - https://twitter.com/hesconference
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Hackito Ergo Sum 2014 CFP Alexandre De Oliveira (Mar 11)