Home page logo
/

funsec logo funsec mailing list archives

Re: FW: Windows Live and Privacy
From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 12:25:33 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 12/5/06, Richard M. Smith <rms () computerbytesman com> wrote:
WikiPedia is our friend:

Okay, enough already, this should provide everything we need to know:
http://www.wipo.int/sme/en/documents/ip_photography.htm

And to Solly's exact point:
http://www.wipo.int/sme/en/documents/ip_photography.htm#3.1

Microsoft is almost guaranteed to be free to continue their work, best
I cant tell with the information I've thus far gotten through.

No. I thought I'd made this clear. It's my entire ensemble, that is
copyright.

Here's what Wipo says:

People are not protected by intellectual property rights. But be cautious
when you photograph someone who is wearing something protected by
copyright, industrial design or trademark rights. For example:

    * A model wearing a piece of haute couture or some jewelry;
    * An actor wearing a theatrical costume; or
    * A sportsperson wearing a t-shirt with a badge or logo on it.

All three of the above apply to me. Microsoft (and anyone else) should "be
cautious", unless they're unfortunate enough to photograph me in my
Birthday Suit.